Thursday, June 23, 2016

Being a PK in Vegas

PK- acronym used for preachers kid
Vegas- nickname for Las Vegas, Nevada

Since coming to Vegas I have learned many things and have had many unforgettable experiences both good and bad. I came to Vegas already knowing how to play cards but soon perfected dealing and playing cards after starting school. I know most of the common games: War, Blackjack (21), Texas Hold'em, BS, Speed, and a few others. Then after about a month of being in Vegas my dad and I were invited to go witnessing at First Friday which led to me meeting many interesting people and having plenty of deep conversations with people as well as helping me learn how to witness better. At school I was the not the only PK which was very surprising to me. As far as after school activities go I joined the wrestling team and wrestled until I broke my elbow and then I attended the Robotics club for a short while. My teachers for the most part liked me because I usually asked them topics that was on subject and made them think too. I also am apart of an amazing youth group with several youth leaders. Last summer we went to a Student Life camp in Glorietta, New Mexico where I know most if not all of us had a blast! As far as meeting people goes it feels like I have met tons and tons of people and made tons of friends who are all great in there own way. Really living in Vegas and being a PK is just like being a PK anywhere else only everyone doesn't automagically go to you when they need cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment